Attendee Information: Know Before You Go
Where's the festival?
Our festival is held at Haggard Park in Plano, TX.
How to go to Plano AsiaFest
Located centrally in Haggard Park in downtown Plano, there are several convenient ways to come and enjoy Plano AsiaFest.
Parking is available free of charge throughout downtown Plano. Parking is available at all parking lots except parking lot #2, which is reserved for authorized personnel.
NEW RULE FOR 2023: The Plano Police Department has directed us to enhance traffic management near the Haggard Park parking lot. Please do your part to help traffic flowing properly:
- Parking is not available to the general public in the Haggard Park parking lot. Please do not attempt to turn into the lot. See the below parking map for alternative places to park.
- Do not attempt to right turn into the parking lot. All vehicles attempting a right turn, regardless of whether they are authorized or not, will be rejected by our parking lot attendants.
- Unless you have a parking permit from Plano AsiaFest or have been given authorization by festival staff, please do not attempt to left turn into the parking lot. Unauthorized vehicles will be required to continue driving eastbound on 15th Street towards the DART railroad tracks.
- Failure to comply with posted and/or verbal instructions from our parking management staff poses significant danger and may result in referral to the Plano Police Department officers onsite.
- While we understand your disappointment that the Haggard Park parking lot is unavailable for general public parking, it is necessary for us to provide you with a fun day at the festival. The parking lot is legally reserved to Plano AsiaFest per the Special Events Permit we receive from the City of Plano. For any complaints regarding this access restriction, please contact the City of Plano directly.
You can also park at two DART nearby Park and Ride stations: Parker Road Station and Bush Turnpike. DART offers free parking at those two locations. The Downtown Plano station on the Red Line is immediately next to Haggard Park. Please see the public transportation section for more information.
- Lot 1 - Southeast corner of 16th St and G Ave: https://goo.gl/maps/uFbLfCRkrV58pDGe8
- Lot 3 - 1540 J Pl, Plano, TX: https://goo.gl/maps/jvrUCTnipgbX3x76A
- Lot 4: https://goo.gl/maps/e9UNFpQ7ctjn5A6s6
- Lot 5: https://goo.gl/maps/KBBmQ67B5mGMEehe6
- Lot 6: https://goo.gl/maps/npidzXMtpUKazx8K6
- Lot 7: https://goo.gl/maps/vTTJRkdwnSd6ruVA8
- Lot 8: https://goo.gl/maps/X3XRNmuTr8d34sWb6
- Lot 9: https://goo.gl/maps/NqoSt7FqQRhai15H7
Riding with DART is a very convenient way to go to Plano AsiaFest because we're right next to the Downtown Plano Station, accessible via the DART Red Line. (The Orange Line does not run to Downtown Plano Station on weekends.)
Skip the need to find parking in downtown Plano by taking light rail!
|#||Time||Performance||Name of Performer||Geographic Culture(s)|
|1||11:00 AM||Traditional Chinese Lion Dance Grand Opening||Chinese Cultural Center
601 Easy St., Garland TX 75042
|2||11:15 AM||Welcome Announcement||Feroz Alpaiwalla (Chairperson), Nasima Chowdhury (Emcee)|
|3||11:20 AM||DAAYO||Dallas Asian American Youth Orchestra (DAAYO)||East Asia|
|4||11:30 AM||Indian Classical Dance - Bharatanatyam||Natyasthalam Vidyalaya||South Asia|
|5||11:40 AM||Indian Classical Odissi Dance – “Pallavi”||Vasanta and Shankarabharanam Pallave||South Asia|
|6||11:55 AM||KPOP Cover Dance||PWSH K-Krew||East Asia|
|7||12:00 PM||Mongolian Dance – “The Dearest Mother in My Dream”||Forever Dance Group||East Asia|
|8||12:05 PM||Cambodian Pestle Dance||The Cambodian Buddhist Temple of Dallas||Southeast Asia|
|9||12:12 PM||Dance by Bollywood Dreams||Nithya||South Asia|
|10||12:18 PM||Mongolian Flower Dance||Vivian Wong||East Asia|
|11||12:24 PM||Fashion Show By Forever Dance Group||Forever Dance Group||East Asia|
|12||12:30 PM||Bharatanatyam||Natyanikaithan||South Asia|
|13||12:40 PM||Fashion Show||Nasima Chowdhury and Family||South Asia|
|14||12:50 PM||Mayor of Plano Welcome by Chinese Lion Dance
City of Plano Asian American Heritage Week Proclamation
|Mayor John Muns||Proclamation|
|15||1:15 PM||Chinese Kung Fu||Wang Tao Kung Fu USA||East Asia|
|16||1:30 PM||Indian Classical Dance Fashion Show||Natyasthalam Vidyalaya||South Asia|
|17||1:35 PM||Guzheng – Classical Musical Instrument||Yitong Guzheng||East Asia|
|18||1:45 PM||Bihu Dance Assamese Folk Dance||Dash-Avatar Dance School||South Asia|
|19||1:50 PM||Vietnamese Culture Dance – “Raining Over the Country”||San Khau Nho of Dallas-Fort Worth Dance Group||Southeast Asia|
|20||1:55 PM||Silambam Martial Arts||Praveena Varadharajan||South Asia|
|21||2:05 PM||Korean Traditional Fan Dance – “Buchaechum”||Navillera – 2nd Gen of Sun Korean Fan Dance||East Asia|
|22||2:10 PM||Asian Music by Barry Chien||Barry Chien||East Asia|
|23||2:20 PM||Korean Martial Arts||Lee’s U.S. Taekwondo||East Asia|
|24||2:30 PM||Bangladesh Classical Dance – “Beautiful Bangladesh”||Rafia Rasu||South Asia|
|25||2:40 PM||Cantonese Hip-Hop||George Wong||East Asian|
|26||2:45 PM||Hawaiian Music Opihi Gang Hawaiian Band||Richard Muir||Polynesia - Hawaii|
|4:55 PM||Closing - CAAHF/AsiaFest|
|5:00 PM||Festival Ends|
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any segment are purely those of the performers or presenters. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of Plano AsiaFest, the Celebrating Asian American Heritage Foundation, or its members.
Several food trucks and other portable food options will be available.
- All Chicken Concession (Vietnamese)
- Delish Bubble Tea
- J.S. Chen's Dimsum & BBQ
- Kona Ice North Garland
- The Pink Company
- Ye Ole Butcher Shop
AsiaFest is funded in part by the City of Plano